Auxiliary & Gift Shop
Firelands Regional Medical Center’s Auxiliary has a long and rich tradition of support and commitment to the hospital and its patients with a focus on fundraising initiatives. The money raised by the Auxiliary is donated to Firelands Regional Medical Center for the purchase of equipment, educational support, hospital services and other items deemed necessary for the hospital to improve patient care.
Through its fundraising activities and management of the three hospital gift shops, the Auxiliary has raised and donated over $1 million to the hospital in the past 10 years.
Some examples of purchases include:
- Automated external defibrillators for various Firelands counseling and recovery services sites
- Various equipment and software for speech therapy
- Parents' kits for Happiest Baby on the Block classes
- A security access system for Erie County Counseling and Recovery Services
- Portable ultrasound machine for cardiology
- Manometry equipment for digestive health services, cardiology and neurology
The Auxiliary membership is composed of dedicated women and men promoting community awareness and interest in the hospital. Membership in the Firelands Auxiliary is fun and open to all adults. Members are from all walks of life and each member determines how active they wish to be and in what activities they wish to participate. They have the opportunity to attend monthly meetings, events and lectures or take part in the Auxiliary fundraising programs and events. Auxiliary members can volunteer in the gift shop or other areas of the hospital if desired.
Auxiliary activities in which you can participate include:
- Gift shop sales
- Special sales
- Hospital volunteer
- The Foundation for Firelands fundraising events
- Social events
- Holiday decorating committee
- And much more!
Active Member - No fee
Volunteer time in the Auxiliary Gift Shop or work special sales is required.
Contributing Member - $20
No service hours are required.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Firelands Regional Medical Center Auxiliary, download and complete the membership application and mail to:
Firelands Regional Medical Center Auxiliary
ATTN: Gift Shop Manager
1111 Hayes Avenue
Sandusky, OH 44870
2017-2018 Firelands Auxiliary Board
- Donna Keiffer, President
- Jody Mast, Vice President
- Paula Campbell, Treasurer
- Tracy McManus, Recording Secretary
- Vera Moore, Past President
- Shirley Mapus, Sunshine chair
- Helen Holl, Member-at-large
- Ingrid Coiffard, Member-at-large
- Lori Brown, Gift Shop Manager/Liaison
- Eveie Rhode, Gift Shop Coordinator