The Foundation for Firelands Development Department raises funds to support and enhance patient care at Firelands Regional Medical Center. Your philanthropic gifts, both large and small, save lives and enhance the health, wellness and vitality of our region.
Every Gift Makes a Difference in Someone’s Life
Our goal is to ensure the sustainability of and easy access to quality healthcare for those who live, work and play in the Lake Erie Shores & Islands area.
Donations help to support:
- The technology and facility expansion required to continually provide state-of-the-art healthcare to our patients.
- Patient care beyond the charitable care provided by Firelands Regional Medical Center and beyond the care provided by insurance.
- Growth of the charitable, educational and community outreach activities of Firelands Regional Medical Center.
- The nursing / medical education and clinical research programs at Firelands Regional Medical Center.
The Foundation for Firelands is governed locally by a Board of Directors (comprised of 15 community leaders), which promotes autonomy and decision-making in the best interests of those served by Firelands Regional Health System.
Under the leadership of its Board of Directors, The Foundation for Firelands provides a “donor-centered” approach where donor desires and philanthropic goals are respected and matched with the needs of the medical center.
Donated funds make an immeasurable difference in the lives of thousands of patients at Firelands Regional Medical Center.
The Foundation Board
- Thomas Wolf, Vice Chair
- J. William Springer, Chair, Industrial Nut Corporation
- Robert Moore, Secretary, Firelands Regional Medical Center
- Daniel Moncher, Treasurer, Firelands Regional Medical Center
- John O. Bacon, Firelands Regional Health System Chair, Mack Iron Works, Inc.
- Mary Jane Hill, Flynn, Py and Kruse
- Daniel Keller
- Lee Jewett
- Bryan Kasper, Kasper Auto Group
- Steve Lichtcsien, Sandusky Steel & Supply Co.
- Charles Rainger
- Paula J. Rengel, Sandusky Bay Development
- Thomas Routh, J.H. Routh Packing Company
- Melvyn J. Stauffer, Flynn, Py and Kruse
- James V. Stouffer, Jr., Catawba Island Club
- James O. Wible, American Colors, Inc.